POC Octal AVIP MIPS Road Bike Helmet
POC's award winning Octal helmet is engineered to be the next step in road bike helmet safety. The Octal AVIP MIPS features a unibody polycarbonate shell that is stiff and allowed POC to use a softer single density EPS foam which test results have shown to be more efficient at reducing the energy transmitted in a crash. The Octal also includes more foam around the temple area and other points at the rear of the helmet that have been found to be the contact points in the majority of cycling related falls. These factors allowed POC to enlarge the vents allowing for increased ventilation while reducing weight. The Octal is the future of bike helmets.
AVIP is a concept that was created in collaboration with some of the best minds in science, health and technology to redefine the future of road bike safety and performance. The colors of the AVIP collection to include the Octal Helmet colors were created to stand out and be seen in a road bike environment.
We tested this helmet last fall and instantly fell in love with the Octal's fit and performance. A very comfortable fit and super well ventilated were the test results.
The Octal also provides more coverage and additional protection of the temples and back of the head. To further improve safety, the EPS liner is strategically thicker in most exposed areas and is covered by the outer PC shell.
POC has approached ventilation in an innovative way and instead of using many small vents, Octal has fewer, but larger, ventilation slots. This design provides a larger open surface area at the front, and in combination with the specifically designed interior, allows more air to flow through the helmet.
The ultralight size adjustment system ensures a comfortable and secure fit and the internal Coolbest padding helps reduce the temperature in the interface between the helmet and your head.
- MIPS (Multi-directional Impact Protection System).
- High performance EPS liner, optimized in density.
- Fully wrapped unibody PC shell construction.
- Superior ventilation, using POC's unique ventilation design.
- Low contact size adjustment system.
- Straps molded into liner.
- Temperature regulating Coolbest padding.
- Color combinations and reflective patches for enhanced visibility.
- Eye garage to keep your sunglasses securely in position when placed on the helmet.
- ICE tag included.
- AVIP sticker kit for improved visibility.