POC Octal Road Bike Helmet
POC's award winning Octal helmet is engineered to be the next step in road bike helmet safety. The Octal features a unibody polycarbonate shell that is stiff and allowed POC to use a softer single density EPS foam which test results have shown to be more efficient at reducing the energy transmitted in a crash. The Octal also includes more foam around the temple area and other points at the rear of the helmet that have been found to be the contact points in the majority of cycling related falls. These factors allowed POC to enlarge the vents allowing for increased ventilation while reducing weight. The Octal is the future of bike helmets.
We tested this helmet last fall and instantly fell in love with the Octal's fit and performance. A very comfortable fit and super well ventilated were the test results.
The Octal also provides more coverage and additional protection of the temples and back of the head. To further improve safety, the EPS liner is strategically thicker in most exposed areas and is covered by the outer PC shell.
POC has approached ventilation in an innovative way and instead of using many small vents, Octal has fewer, but larger, ventilation slots. This design provides a larger open surface area at the front, and in combination with the specifically designed interior, allows more air to flow through the helmet.
The ultralight size adjustment system ensures a comfortable and secure fit and the internal Coolbest padding helps reduce the temperature in the interface between the helmet and your head.
- High performance EPS liner, optimized in density
- Fully wrapping unibody shell construction
- Superior ventilation, using POC's innovative ventilation design
- Size adjustment system, designed with low contact area
- Straps molded into liner
- Temperature regulating Coolbest padding
- Color combinations and reflective patches for enhanced visibility
- Eye garage to keep your sunglasses securely in position when placed on the helmet